Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday #6 Amy Butler Love Quilt all Quilted








This week I am proud to report that I got my Amy Butler Love quilt all quilted.  Feathers and Swirls and Swirls and Feathers all done.  I used aqua blue thread for my feathers and lime green for the swirls, I did this because the quilt is for me and I wanted to see all the pretty stitches.  I love this quilt from the back as much as from the front- the square in square pattern created by the quilting on the back is really fun.  Now all I have to do is bind it and I can start enjoying it in my living room.  I don't typically keep the quilts I make so this one felt like a luxury from the start.  It took up all my free time this week so that is all the progress I have to report.  As for next week I have already pulled fabric for a quilty gift for my mom's birthday on the 25th. She has been requesting some new pillows for her new house, but I am committed to doing what inspires me- so we will just have to see what I come up with. 
I am linking to Lee's Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

33 comments:

  1. Your FMQ is divine...I love the colours you have used on the quilt and the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very beautiful quilt - love the quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks Jess, looks like we share the same passion!

      Delete
  4. The back with the quilting looks very cool. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like the back as much as the front if not more....

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness- I absolutely love the quilting - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much- I am addicted to quilting and loved every second of it.

      Delete
  6. The quilt looks wonderful. your FMQ is unbelievable. I love the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much, I love love love quilting feathers- they are my favorite.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful quilt! I love the colours and your FM quilting is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it sure is bright and cheerful, and I wanted the quilting to match-

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt, and you did an amazing job on the quilting! So nice to make yourself something to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I sure enjoyed doing it... I rarely make things for myself so it really felt like a luxury from start to finish.

      Delete
  9. You should be proud of that quilt - gorgeous everything. Love it all - the pattern, the quilting, the fabric. Well done. If something has to occupy your free time, it should be something that fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you. I am proud of it- and I sure didn't mind spending my free time doing it either.... Has been fun from start to finish.

      Delete
  10. It's a beauty... I like the fabric and pattern a lot. But the quilting.. wow... It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much- quilting is my favorite part!

      Delete
  11. This is so beautiful - I really love the feathers and swirls done in the colourful threads! They are perfect for your lovely quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you- colorful threads are a personal favorite of mine, not everyone likes a contrasting thread color, but I really think it adds to the design if done right.

      Delete
  12. How exciting to have a quilt turn out so beautiful on both sides! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- funny to love the back as much as the front, but I really do!

      Delete
  13. Your quilt is so beautiful--I love the gray with the bright colors. And fabulous quilting job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have done a lovey job on the quilt. Looks fantastic with all the heavy quilting. I also am impressed at the rows of spools in your blog header. My what a lot of spools you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I am a lucky girl- my BF scored all that thread (hundreds of spools) from a drape maker who was going out of business- and then built me the thread wall as a back drop for all my pictures- very lucky indeed.

      Delete
  15. Fabulous quilting, it looks wonderful. Love the Amy Butler paired with grey.

    ReplyDelete