Friday, February 3, 2012

Amy Butler LOVE quilt- how I put it together










So I promised a rundown of how I put my most recent quilt together- made with a Jelly Roll of Amy Butlers LOVE collection.  This collection is over a year old now and may be hard to come by- but any bright and fun Jelly Roll would work for this quilt.  I also cut 2.5 inch strips of gray yardage for the solid parts.  This quilt was made by sewing tubes- and was seriously so easy to do.  I love fast piecing techniques that look harder then they are and get me to the quilting part faster... which is what I am about to do with this quilt.  Sigh... I love quilting.  Okay so here are the details- if you are not yet familiar with the Missouri Star Quilt Company and their glorious YouTube video tutorials then I strongly suggest you treat yourself to some computer time and check them out.  The videos are excellent and really great for the quilter who loves pre-cuts.  All of them take advantage of pre cut fabric and are all generally easy and fun to make.  I have done several of these projects over the last two years and have had much success with them all.  These videos are especially great for the beginning quilter as Jenny and her daughters take much of the mystery and fear out of quilting and approach everything with a can do attitude.  It is infectious.  You will soon find yourself with a long list of projects that you are dying to try.  This quilt is made just like the summer in the park  quilt except of course instead of using 2 jelly rolls I just opted to use just one print jelly roll and cut my own strips out of solids.  I have included a few pics of the process as well as the finished quilt top.  Now off to go quilt this beauty and my face won't let me stop smiling at the sheer joy it brings me- I will share pictures as soon as it is done. 

4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS and I love anything that looks hard but really is super easy to do. :) Thank you for the reminder about the Missouri Star Quilt Company/YouTube video tutorials. Great info and easy to follow. BTW -I love your blog. Your love of quilting is so obvious and it makes me want to buy more fabric and start a new project. A happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! Yeah, the Missouri Star Quilt Co rocks! I say buy more fabric and have fun, and a very happy weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt! Can't wait to see the finished quilt! I have more of a decision deciding how to quilt the top. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ginny and thank you for following my blog. I have it all finished and will post pics of it today- so stay tuned and maybe you will find some quilting inspiration.

    ReplyDelete