Monday, February 13, 2012

Celebrating my Grandma







my Uncle Rick, myself and my Grandma this past Christmas
My fabulous Grandmother turns 78 today.  She is one of the most important people in my life and one of my main inspirations for starting to quilt.  She is a fabulous quilter herself and her passion for her craft has been instrumental in my own love of quilting.  I only wish I lived close enough to her to give her the gigantic birthday hug she deserves today.  I made her a special gift for her birthday that I am so excited to share.  She loves applique and I love Dresden Plates- so I combined both of our loves in a mini quilt especially for her.  This quilt measures 35x35 inches and is designed to be a wall hanger.  She has her beautiful quilts hanging all over her house and I am excited to have my quilt hanging amongst her fabulous works.  I quilted feathers in the dresden petals, pebbles in the center and and a meandering stipple in the edges.  I also hand sewed on the binding - which is something I would only ever do for my beloved Grandma.  I don't enjoy hand sewing at all, but she always hand sews her bindings on, so I went the extra mile just for her.  I wanted her gift to be perfect.  I hope you all enjoy seeing her gift and Grandma if you are reading this, it is on it's way to you and Happy Birthday.  I love you always. 

6 comments:

  1. oh my oh my that is so beautiful. Grandma is going to love that. How amazing. What a wonderful tribute as well. You are an amazing granddaughter. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is just oozing with beauty and love! Such gorgeous work, Molly! And wishes for a very Happy Birthday to your Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa- I hope she loves it as much as I loved making it for her.

      Delete