Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIP Wednesday #4 Quilting Quilting Quilting...

This week has been a busy one for me, unfortunately not with sewing but with other obligations- so I don't have too much to show.  I spent the better part of the week dreaming about quilting the Amy Butler quilt I am working on but finding the time to actually baste and quilt it seemed almost impossible.  I did finally get some time to do so yesterday and made a little progress.  I will say that basting this quilt was no fun at all- all the edges are on a bias and it didn't want to lay flat.  I would recommend to anyone else trying this quilt or one with the same tube technique to make sure they are using a 1/4 inch quilting foot and are very very careful with their seams, and also you probably want to spray starch like crazy before cutting the fabric.  This will help you immensely in the basting and quilting process... I wish I had that advice before doing this myself, but lesson learned.  Despite my challenges the quilting is coming along and I have some progress shots to show.  I have no other WIP's and no finishes, for now I am just quilting quilting quilting.




I am linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much- I am pretty excited about how it is turning out, now I just need to decide if I want to quilt the printed areas and if so what design to quilt- any ideas would be appreciated...

    ReplyDelete