Monday, November 4, 2013

Fall Quilt Market part 2

Angela Walters wasn't the only lucky lady to receive my help this fall Market season.  I was also able to convince Leah Duncan, another fabric designer for Art Gallery that she needed my help too.  I had the very good fortune of both booths being right across the isle from each other.  This made going back and forth to talk about my work or help either gal out very easy.  It was also fun to watch people admire the things I made from across the isle in either booth.  I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that I will be able to help them both again this coming Spring Market, and that they will be so conveniently located again next time~
Leah asked me to piece and quilt a 60x86" quilt for her booth.  She made it the feature of one of the walls which made me very proud.  I wanted to make it extra special, so I got out my light box and traced her logo flowers across the middle of the quilt with a water soluble pen.  Then I quilted the logo in- which made for an impressive, yet subtle effect.  For  the rest of the quilting I went with her requests of flowers, ferns and grassy type designs.  I had intended to use some McTavishing as filler, but ended up liking the more organic look of the grass fill I came up with better.  It worked better for Leah's look.  The quilt looked so pretty in her booth.  I also got to design and piece as well as quilt 3 pillows for her.  I did log cabin variations and they came out really cute.  I love making pillows, so it was no hardship when she requested them.  I had a great time working with Leah, she really gave me a lot of creative control, which always leads to the best working relationships.  I feel very lucky to know such talented and kind women, and even luckier to get to work for them!!  Stay tuned for a more on my market adventure... lets just say I got to see something very BIG!!











1 comment:

  1. Amazing work, like always Molly! Sounds like it made it a lot more convenient having the booths across from each other!

    ReplyDelete