Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Practice makes perfect...

I was going through a crate of things in my studio and came across this little sample I made up for the Color is the Key quilt I made for Better Homes and Gardens Quilts & More magazine.  It was mainly to test the thread I planned on using against the fabrics to see how it would look, but also to try out a quilting idea I had.  I ultimately went another direction with the quilting but when I found it I thought about how that practice lead me to try something else, even though I like how this looks sometimes you never know until you try something if it is best.  In this case trying helped me see that there might be a better choice then stippling and feathers, and it ended up being swirls and pebbled key holes.... It is a great reminder how practice makes perfect and how great it is to take the time to slow down and figure things out ahead of time, so your end result is just as good as it can be...



1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. I have a quilt top i made years ago, it is rail fence and it is small, baby size, I am going to give it to the church for baby dedications when it is done but it is also going to be the piece i practice on before I FMQ on the twin size rail fence i am making for my granddaughters 6th birthday. That way I can be confident about what I am doing and enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete