Monday, September 15, 2014

My work is in a book!

I wanted to share with you all how excited I am that the book Celebrate Christmas with That Patchwork Place is out and I can tell you all about the small part I played in it.  I was asked by both Karen Johnson and Mary Green to quilt projects for them for the book.  It was beyond exciting to get to work with these fantastic woman and collaborate to pick out what designs would look best.  Karen knew she wanted pebbles and was pretty open beyond that.  I talked her into a star quilted into it, with pebbles on the inside of the star and swirls on the outside.  I just love how it turned out.
photo courtesy of Martingale Publishing
 Mary didn't have any particular design in mind and gave me creative control to come up with something... anyone that knows me will know what that means.... FEATHERS!  I love to quilt feathers and look for every opportunity to do so, so when the creative control was given that was the first design I started exploring.  I added some cross hatch to the center of the rings in her project and joined my feathers in the center of the table runner with a heart.  I really liked quilting this little table runner and Mary tells me she is quite pleased with it too.
photo courtesy of Martingale Publishing

photo courtesy of Martingale Publishing
 Oh the fun.  Hope you enjoyed my little foray into the world of books- please do check out the book, lots of great holiday projects and inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Your pebble design is amazing. I can't wait to get a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete