Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIP WEDNESDAY PANEL CHALLENGE

Ahhh, it's Wednesday again and I have been very busy sewing up a storm this week.  Unfortunately what I am working on is a top secret project- which I won't be able to share for a while...  But- I did get the okay to share my Make it Right Challenge project that I made for Angela Walters new fabric line from Art Gallery called Textures.  I actually made this last month, but had to wait to share it until she was ready for me.  Originally the challenge was extended to only a few people, and then she and Art Gallery opened up the challenge to everyone- and there are some very good prizes- so make sure and read about the challenge if you haven't already.  My project was a quilt- when I saw the line I was immediately inspired by the name textures and the sketchy type prints of quilt designs that create different textures when quilted.  I wanted to use one of each of the prints (though I think I am missing one) and quilt each print in a different design to give it it's own texture.  I also wanted to leave big pieces of the fabric so you could really see it.  So I whipped out my Quick Curve Ruler and went to work and this is what I came up with.  The actual challenge was for a creative use of the Panel though- so I decided to make it a double sided quilt and use the panel as the back.  I really like how it came out- perhaps even more then the other side... hmm!  I hope you all enjoy seeing what I made for the challenge, and I also hope you all join the challenge so I can see what you make with the panel.  Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's out there!
I am linking to Freshly Pieced Work in Progress Wednesday













3 comments:

  1. I love this! The curves are lovely, your quilting is great and the panel looked like a robot from the thumbnail on Freshly Pieced. That's a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your design -- the combination of smaller curved pieces with the bigger pieces works really well. Leaves lots of room for interesting quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours and curves remind me of a beautiful pacific island beach. Very calming.

    ReplyDelete