Tuesday, February 19, 2013

WIP Wednesday Christmas Quilt FInally Finished- well almost!





I was determined to finish my Christmas quilt before the end of February.  I just couldn't stomach the idea of having it linger on until March.  This of course was compounded by the fact that I am super excited about the next quilt I will be making... so get it done I did.  I sewed what felt like hundreds of tiny half square triangles into bows I pieced rows of short and tall presents- I used my new quilting frame and Juki 2000qi to quilt it- and all in all I am very pleased.  This is the first real quilt I have done on the Juki and frame.  I did another practice quilt with some simple stippling to get the feel for the set up and then away I went and for a first attempt I did pretty well.  I learned some lessons along the way and the next one will be even better.  This quilt was made with a layer cake and a charm pack of Dear Mr Claus fabric- and was quick, easy and fun to sew.  If I get any interest I may try to do a tutorial- though it looks great as a Christmas quilt, it would also be great for birthdays- another big time for presents.  That is all I accomplished this week and as soon as I get it bound I will well and truly be done and on to the next!
I am linking to Lee at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

  1. What a super cute Christmas quilt! You did a great job with the quilting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think how organised you will be for Christmas 2013! The quilt is lovely and the quilting gorgeous. How are you getting along with the quilting frame? Are you finding it easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something very satisfying about completing a Christmas project in February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my stars...that is beautiful quilting!! I hope to get that good someday!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I positively adore this quilt! You are pretty amazing and the quilting is too. :) Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had room for a frame! Lucky Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing job molly! I love that you make one every year! It is such a great tradition.

      Delete
  7. Your Christmas quilt as well as it's quilting looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quilt with all the packages. So perfect for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt design! And I have a Christmas top pieced but no more hanging on my wall as we speak, so... solidarity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for finishing the Christmas quilt! Love it and that quilting looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo beautiful,loooks all christmassy and gift giving ...
    Leena

    ReplyDelete
  12. your presents are so super cute! and the quilting is fantastic! <3

    ReplyDelete