Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WIP WEDNESDAY #13 back in the saddle!

Well to say it has been a very long and arduous two weeks for me would be quite the understatement!  From visiting family to a week of doing taxes (UGH) I have been very sewing deprived.  As a matter of fact I just got my first opportunity to sew today- after those darned taxes got put in the mail.  C'est la vie... death and taxes can't be avoided.  It has been especially hard as I broke away from the madness last week to cut and lay out all the pieces for my newest quilt.  I have been looking at it longingly all week long.  I got to put the first block together tonight though and for that I am extremely grateful.  This quilt pattern is one I designed just after Christmas.  I did a quilt in all prints from Kate Spain's Flurry collection as my annual holiday quilt- but I felt it just didn't show off the pattern that well with all the fabrics being prints, so for this one I have chosen a bright white for half - and Amy Butler's Lark collection for the other half.  I am in love with Lark and can't wait to get more of it finished- but for now all I have is one block- it sure is pretty though!  Hope you all had a better week then I did and I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone's progress in WIP Wednesday this week.
 I am linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced  WIP WEDNESDAY

16 comments:

  1. Ah, I love the Amy Butler lark collection. Can't wait to see what you do with this quilt! Enjoy getting back into your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliet- it will be a fun one for sure- lots of bright colors! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad I don't have to do tax returns, it sounds painful! Enjoy the sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are very lucky indeed- I am a small business owner- which makes them 1000% harder- it is an absolute nightmare. I have been sewing for a few hours now since I posted this, and I am enjoying it thoroughly! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are getting some sewing done now! I love this block. Does it have a name? The Lark fabric really looks great too especially the blue in the middle xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Collette- it is a really fun block- I actually designed it myself- I haven't been able to find any like it in my research- so it may be original? It is a 9 patch variation, and I haven't yet settled on a name- when you put more of them together you get pinwheels in the corners though, which is a fun result. I am working on drafting a pattern for this and will have it for sale in my etsy shop very soon, so stay tuned for that.

      Delete
  4. This looks nice, great fabrics.
    I wonder what the quilt will look like once finished ...
    And btw I love the header + name of your blog LOL
    (and everybody who has ever lived, hated taxes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much- I plan on having the quilt top finished by next WIP Wednesday, so if you stop by my blog next week you will get to see it. All of us sewers have our sew right moments and our sew wrong moments- so I thought it would be fun to call my blog that, I am glad it amuses you! Surely everyone hates taxes... because they are terrible. But that's all over now until next April... I will try not to think about them anymore.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you're back in business. Taxes are a real pain.Love your block. Great line of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's very good to be back... It is a great line of fabric and I am really enjoying making this quilt.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely block - I like it with the white breaking up the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth- can't wait to get more done so I can show you all how they look together!

      Delete
  7. Cool block with the various hourglass effects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, wait till you see how the pinwheels form in the corners when 4 blocks are put together- lots of fun geometry in this design.

      Delete
  8. Your block looks great! Love Lark and its colors, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, come back by next Wednesday for much more to show!

      Delete